Residential Glass Installer
Glass & Mirror, Inc. – Twin Cities experts in professional glass services, is growing!
We are located in the north metro of Blaine, and are looking for qualified candidates with grit, enthusiasm and a genuine interest and willingness to learn a new trade. Prior experience in construction, general labor or fabrication is a plus!
This is a full-time position and there may be days that you will work overtime. You must be flexible! No nights or weekends.
What you’ll do:
A Residential Glass Installer is responsible for the safe and accurate installation and repair of glass fixtures in residential properties such as shower enclosures, mirrors, doors, glass railings, window glass and other glass products, while developing the skills and experience necessary to succeed. Good communication skills and professionalism are a must!
Typical skills and tasks include:
- Working with customers to determine their specific project needs and preferences including best use of space, shower door/shower enclosure options, types and sizes of glass, hardware options and other accessories available.
- Taking accurate measurements utilizing fractions, addition, and subtraction.
- Fabricating (cutting, drilling) hardware requiring the ability to use a variety of hand tools.
- Installing custom-made glass shower doors, enclosures, panels, mirrors, window glass, cabinet glass, and other glass fixtures.
- Removal and tear-out of existing glass fixtures/enclosures when necessary
- Carefully and responsibly carrying glass (up to 80-lbs.).
- Responsible for safe recordkeeping of completed projects including measurements, materials used, and any issues encountered during the installation or repair process.
Other duties include but are not limited to; loading of materials into truck/trailer, prep work for completing projects, clean-up and disposal of debris, customer service and interaction with the administrative team.
We offer excellent pay, paid holidays, weekends off, and PTO, in addition to:
- Medical (company covers 50% of premium), Health Savings Account (with company contribution), dental, vision, and 3% contribution to your 401k account regardless of your decision to contribute
- Annual bonus (discretionary)
- We provide training, clothing allowance, tools, vehicles, PPE, etc. We take care of all of the stuff needed to make your job easier.
- Must possess excellent people skills, the ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record (as determined by our insurance company)
- 3-years of consistent work experience performing manual labor
- Must have the ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to physically perform under strenuous/adverse field conditions, including lifting and carrying heavy (80-lb.) objects and walking/standing for long periods of time; able to climb ladders or use a lift
- Ability to read blueprints and take accurate measurements with a tape measure
- Follows company safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protection equipment
- Must be able to perform all job duties in various weather conditions from cold and rain or snow to extreme heat and dusty conditions
- Must be willing to adhere to and promote the highest standards Glass & Mirror expects from its employees, and provide this service to our customers
Glass & Mirror Inc is an EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer and participates in E-Verify. Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
If interested, please fill out the form below: